For all group collaboration, we’ll be using the dotDataScience Slack Channel. All you need to sign up is an @wisc.edu address.
Join us in building the next generation of AI-enabled solutions for legal, tax & accounting, risk, fraud and compliance, and media. We are hiring in Bangalore, Zug, London, Toronto, and Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Our data analytics practitioners primarily use Python, R and SQL as well as a significant amount of work with big data platforms like Spark and Databricks. There are 4 main types of analytics roles including the following:
· Data Wrangler – analyzes data and provides business reports
· Data Engineer – software developer working with data at scale so it can be analyzed in a production environment
· Data Scientist – analyzes data and develops advanced statistical models to solve business problems
· Data Catalyst – drives opportunities for analytics to solve critical business problems
Research Internships — National Science Foundation
Do paid research over the summer! They have computation-focused opportunities and more!
- Biological Sciences (BIO)
- Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE)
- Education and Human Resources (EHR)
- Engineering (ENG)
- Environmental Research and Education (ERE)
- Geosciences (GEO)
- Integrative Activities (OIA)
- International Science and Engineering (OISE)
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences (MPS)
- Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences (SBE)
ProjectX (Fall 2020)
This year, dotData is participating in ProjectX, a two-month long machine learning research competition hosted by University of Toronto Artificial Intelligence Group. This initiative is designed to focus on tackling important problems. The theme this year is Climate Change.
This competition allows you the unique opportunity to both create meaningful research and to win money doing it. This isn’t a Hackathon. Teams have two full months to work and when all is said and done participants keep 100% ownership of their work. The team registration deadline has been extended to June 30, 2020.